Wednesday, February 02, 2005

my thesistahs' surprise treat

It's truly amazing how people you are most closest to can feel you.. I really wanted a surprise birthday party and I even told my mom about it.

Little did I know one was already on the way for me!!

To tell you the truth, I really had no clue. I was raring to go for a blind date with someone Patty and Alessa told me about a while ago. Thinking that this was part of their birthday treat for me, I went to the parlor and dressed to make a good first impression. I didn't put any make-up because I knew Pat and Ale would take care of that for me.

With my hair all ironed and a girly outfit to boot, I was ready.

Off I went to Alessa's house with my parents and my brother Michael. When we arrived, I couldn't understand why there were so many cars parked on the street nor why the lights were on in Alessa's garden. My mom said she had to pee, then Michael said he had to go too. I couldn't understand why my dad went down from the car as well.

I was thinking, nakakahiya naman kay Ale, buong pamilya ko makikiihi.

Then I saw Patty's driver, Kuya Renante. He said, may surprise diyan para sa iyo.

I just couldn't get it. I was like, huh?

Then I saw Alessa's maid and told her to tell Ale that I was already there. When I was taking my parents to the restroom, I heard some noises at back. Rustling, and then.. a voice I knew so well...

Joan Bondoc.

What the hell was Joan doing here, I thought.

Then Alessa came in. She said some stuff to my dad about going out and that she was just going to get ready but in my mind I figured out what was coming. She brought me to the back and then in the dark I saw some streamers. I started laughing really hard and then...

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought, uh-oh.. no make-up.

The lights came on and so many people were there! Boy, was I touched. Friends from high school and college were there to greet me a happy birthday. Everyone started making me beso and took so many pictures even before I could make my way down the foyer. There was so much food too, cheesesticks and cupcakes, tikoy and churros, and even an ice cream buffet!!


With my CUPCAKE cake

Roni, Kate, Kaich, Miam, Me, Xyn, Candice, Barbie

Macy, Nina, Me, Candice, Roni

Macky, Me, Joleon

Meet some of the sexy ladies who have held me together during high school, and until this day -- Cris, Kate, Yoya, Julia, Regine, Me, Joan, Ale, Jinkie, Nina

Thanks to Alessa and Patty for the sweet, sweet blow-out. =)

Thanks to all the kabarkadas, classmates, blockmates, friends, and boyfriends of my friends who swung by to greet and say hi.

Talk about wishes coming true. I had such a blast spending time with people who have made my life so rich and so full of laughter. Ang dami pala nagmamahal sakin!!! =)

Mahal ko rin kayo. (Ano ako, Sandara? Please.)

I feel the world gives me so much, I have so much to give back.

Thank you all, for making me feel as special as you have. I hope our being friends has made you feel how special you are to me as well.


Take care, you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Patty Laurel said...

muffmeister!im glad you enjoyed the surprise we gave you.i guess what ale and i wanted to prove to you is this.. why waste your time lookin' for a guy to show you love when you have all these amazing people who love you already!!! like i said before, we're the lucky ones cos we have you! enjoy being 23!ciao bella!

9:26 PM  
Blogger alessa said...

hey spesh! im so happy you're happy =) love ya!

10:42 PM  
Blogger alessa said...

tanginang jinkie yan, hahawakan pa bobas ko!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Macy said...

I just read this now Muff. It was sweet of your friends to set up a surprise party for you (: Mukha ngang ang saya-saya mo eh. Hehe!

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home