Tuesday, November 21, 2006

sarsa queen

i sometimes wonder why i put so much frickin' gravy on my fried chicken, too much toyomansi on my siomai, and just wayyyyyy too much chili sauce on my lumpiang shanghai. i can't help but think all the extra poundage on my sides come from each dumpling dipping episode.. but why? why does all my food have to be smothered with a condiment?

i just can't seem to eat without the 'essentials.' and mind you, i will really WAIT for the sawsawan to be made before i start taking a bite. kasi what's the point of doing something, (especially EATING) when you won't do it the right way? as the saying goes, better not do it at all.

every one of my friends can ATTEST to the fact that i am an avid EATER. in one plate, alessa is the rice, patty is the glass of water, and i am the non-negotiable, never absent ULAM. i am the ulam that is looking for its sawsawan.

i think the sawsawan is in a way a metaphor for my life: a soul searcher, a novice teacher, a day dreamer, a best friend, a crazy coworker, i am all of these rolled into that one hakaw or that one lumpia, just trying to find the right sawsawan, the right timpla, the right flavor for my special taste. and as i try each one, i might like some or may be disgruntled at others. but at least i tried them all, never regretting each special flavor, each individual experience.

4 Comments:

Blogger Patty Laurel said...

hahaha..and who's the atsara???

8:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, and dont forget FFT's mayomustard on your favorite chicken ham:)

oh, btw, some of the sandwiches are available at our cafe... wink wink:)

miss you sec maestra muffra!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Muffin said...

pat ~ i know, jc is the atsara right? =)

anj ~ oh yes how could i forget that? silly me! (slapping forehead)
is that true? you should have told me sooner! i'm definitely swinging by your cafe soon! how is our favorite barista btw? (wink wink)

8:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i owe you some story there with my favorite barista:) ha ha. we've been together for almost 5 months now. :)
love to see you soon at the cafe:D

lotsa catching up!!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home